Thursday, October 21, 2004

Nitpicks & Rumors - October

Nitpicks
Pick - Eminem vs Bush
I do not think that this will be on MTV anytime soon, so view Eminem's song "Mosh" from his upcoming album "Encore," here at
Serves You Right.
Pick - Band Moment
Lately I have been listening to a band called Arcade Fire. I don't pley them consistantly, but I do find their song Neighborhood 3 rather interesting. I would say that it was like taking a Stabbing Westward song and mashing it with the Killers. I believe they had to take the free mp3's off of their site,
http://www.arcadefire.com/html/, but are still worth checking out.
Pick - Distorted Medley, Sing-a-long
Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool
H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P
Up above the cloud so high
And one for the little boy who lives down the lane
--
A, B, C, D, E, F, G
How I wonder what you are
One for my master, and one for my dame
Double-u, X, Y and Z
--
Twinkle, twinkle little star
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full
Q, R, S, T, U, V
Like a diamond in the sky
--
Now I know my A, B, C's
Next time won't you sing with me
Pick - Launch
I visited
Launch a long time ago, and recently was sent the news of viewing Eminem's new video Just Lose it, there. I have to say that I was impressed (plus the Michael Jackson fire and nose thing made me laugh), so I checked out other bands such as Beck's Lost Cause with the exploding dummy.
Gripe - Freedom Tower Silver Dollar
I wasn’t going to comment about it, but I saw a commercial for it today and I just can’t take it anymore. I saw something about it on the
Daily Show with Lewis Black a while back and found it revolting, but seeing the ad during the 9pm hour irked me too much to stay silent.“A legally authorized government issue silver dollar has been struck to commemorate the World Trade Center and the new Freedom Tower being erected in its place.”That’s fine and dandy, but here is what I don’t like hearing about…“Most importantly, each coin has been clad in .999 Pure Silver recovered from Ground Zero!”Then to make it sound like that’s the best news the ad continues by saying,“No, this is not a misprint. The silver used in each gleaming dollar coin is from Ground Zero! You see, when the Twin Towers fell on September 11, 2001, a bank vault full of .999 Pure Silver bars was buried under hundreds of tons of debris. After months of salvage work, many of the bars were found. Now, the same silver that was reclaimed from the destruction has been used to create the magnificent 2004 “Freedom Tower” Silver Dollar.”You know that is exactly what I was hoping they would do. Because it was only yesterday I was wishing I had some kind of non-tacky relic of that piece of history!“These silver dollars may well be among the most historically meaningful coins you will ever own.”…ah thanks…only in America.
Rumors
Nothing at present.