Thursday, October 5, 2006

Nitpicks & Rumors - October

Nitpicks
Gripe - 9/11 Fatalities Doubled
On September 22 shortly after the fifth anniversary, our country experienced the loss again as the number of soldiers surpassed those of died on 9/11. (
X)
Gripe - Doritos
I loved Dorito's since the release of Cool Ranch in 1987, however, according to Wikipedia, Frito-Lay (a subdivision of PepsiCo, Inc.) has been making them since 1966. This year I jumped on the new flavor additions of Fiery Habanero and Blazin' Buffalo & Ranch. It wasn't until I had the latter that I realized how much I missed my all time favorite flavors; Pizza Cravers (Pizza Hut branded) and Taco Supreme (Taco Bell branded under a now-defunct agreement with Yum! Brands). When I worked out on the boat docks we went through bags and bags of these and plenty of 7-11 64 oz slurpies. Current flavors in the US include: Cool Ranch (1987, known as Cooler Ranch from 1994-2005), Nacho Cheese (known as Nacho Cheesier from 1992-2005), Spicy Nacho (1997), Salsa Verde, Ranchero (2002), Black Pepper Jack, Fiery Habanero, Four Cheese, Guacamole (2004), Extreme Zesty Sour Cream & Cheddar, Extreme Zesty Sour Cream & Cheddar, and Blazin' Buffalo & Ranch (
X). Discontinued Flavors in the US include; Fiery Ranch, Sesame Seed, Extreme Bold BBQ, Baja Picante, Sour Cream & Onion, Smokey Red BBQ, Pizza Cravers, Taco Supreme, Jumpin' Jack Cheese, Chester Cheese, and Flaming Hot (X).
Gripe - Gothic Lolita
I read on eHow that this fashion is "growing in popularity in the Western world today." Yuck! Don't even attempt to associate it with Goth's period. The wearer dresses doll-like (a white blouse and a black blouse, one or two full skirts and a petticoat. Bloomers and socks. After they have these, they expand into other colors like red, pink, light and dark blue, brown and floral patterns), they are polite, lady-like, kind, and generally have good manners. They cross their ankles when they sit and always smile at people. They look straight ahead when they walk, and if someone makes a rude comment, they reply with a smile or ignore the person. Again, eeee-yuck! (
X)
Pick -
Chex Mix Select - Apple Cinnamon With Walnuts
I just gotta say...its alright.

Pick - Google Options
Some recent Google Hacks have looked rather exciting. To start off, I love the reformatted Google Reader pulling in just over 175 feeds for me...its great. I love it a tonage! However, I really wish I could just get to it by email. Well shoot, check
this article out. In all honesty, I really want google calendar as a tab on the left in Gmail too. You know, One that could be expanded, or even just show the little calendar on the side...But heck, something else might also be in the works, a customizable top left links option. This would be wonderful in addition to the ones they already have added. I would love to have a spot where I could jump to a specific web page if I wanted. Exciting none-the-less.

Gripe - RIAA vs Creative
Wah! A feature that I liked (being able to record FM radio) is slowly getting taken away! I liked recording comedy talk shows I miss in the morning, and listening to them on my commute home in the evening (comedy talk radio is skimpiest in the afternoon/evenings now).

Rumors
Movies
Pirates of the Carribean 4
VH1 cited an article that to cut costs, Orlando Bloom's character will be killed off in the fourth installment. Fourth installment?! This was ok'd? I'm not surprised, but really? I am still stunned at the fact that Depp stayed for the first sequel...but now another? (the third doesn't really count since they kept on filming through with the agreement to do one). It's crazy. I will most likely still see it in theaters. UPDATE: Disney has since denied these rumors along with the notion of a 4th film being approved.
Saw 4
Lionsgate has approved to have it come soon.
Terminator 4
Will not include Arnold Schwarzenegger. Previous reports suggested that the new “Terminator” film is designed as the first in a trilogy that’ll tie in with the new TV series, “The Sarah Connor Chronicles”. It’s likely that it’ll feature all new characters. For the moment, all Ferris is saying is that “You will learn about Skynet and what that postapolyptic future is like."
Television
Nothing at present time.
Music
Gwen Stefani - Sweet Escape
Fan websites speculate this is the title of Gwen Stefani's new album slated for release on 12.4.06. She had previously mentioned on MTV a majority are songs left over from Love.Angel.Music.Baby, along with some new material. Possible tracks may include Fluorescent Lights, Candyland, Wind it Up, Breaking Up, and Orange County Girl.
Games
Nothing at present time.