Monday, January 22, 2007

The Ambler Warning

2005/Fiction, Publisher: St Martin's Press/Paperbacks (Version released Oct 2006)
By Robert Ludlumb. 632 pgs.
Overview: B&N, Amazon, Wiki, MC
After a two-decade career as a clandestine operative, Hal Ambler is drugged and warehoused in the Parrish Island Psychiatric Facility, a government nuthouse for spies. A sympathetic nurse aids his escape, and soon Ambler is on the run, trying to figure out who he is and, more importantly, who he was. (Amazon)
Factoids: None
Review: B- (1.22.07) As I started to read this book, it began to feel odd. I knew that Robert Ludlum had written the "Bourne" trilogy, only this was my first book of his that I read, and it felt like a Bourne story revamped. So, as I looked on Wikipedia, low and behold, I learned why. Ludlum died March 12, 2001! Overall, the story is an ok read.