Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Audio - The Broker

Abridged 2004/Fiction, Publisher: Randomhouse Audio
By John Grisham, Read by Dennis Boutsikaris. 5 Discs ~ 6:00:00.
Overview: B&N, Amazon, Wiki, MC
Follows the story of Joel Backman, a newly-pardoned man who tried to broker a deal to give the world's most powerful satellite surveillance system to the highest bidder. (Wiki)
Comments: C (2.6.07) Originally, I was reluctant picking up an abridged audio version. I had felt kind of ripped off in dissappointment in the last few Grisham books I read, they were so weak (The King of Torts - I did not care about the character at all, The Testament - slow, boring, The Street Lawyer - Slow, but a touch better than boring, The Runaway Jury - lame, and ends predictably from page one). So I wasn't eager to fall into that realm once again. After hearing the CD's boy am I glad I got the audio version...it would have taken me forever to get through. It felt like forever as the guy learned another language. It felt like forever as he hid, and then about halfway through the 4th disc it seems like it is going to pick up some, but then falls back down into boring. But hey, check this WMA Grisham interview clip.