Monday, April 2, 2007

Sandstorm

July 2004 (May 2005 Paperback)/Fiction-Thriller, Publisher: Harper
By James Rollins/Jim Czajkowski. 572 pgs.
Overview: B&N, Amazon, Wiki, MC
An inexplicable explosion rocks the antiquities collection of a London museum and the race begins to determine how it happened, why it happened, and what it means. (B&N)
Review: B (4.2.07) This book is considered to be Sigma Book #0 because some of the characters in the next few books are introduced here. Includes two pages of the informative authors notes, and a 12 pages preview of Judas Strain. After reading Amazonia and Ice Hunt quickly, I debated and then went ahead with this book only to realize I was burning myself out on James Rollins. I should have taken a break and read something else. As a result, I got about two thirds in and came to a stop for a while. Nothing against the book, I just wasn't feeling in the mood for it. This third book carries over some of the same features as the two prior, lost/hidden location, some issue with a parent, and naked women reference. But it is still rather enjoyable, especially with the scientific elements thrown in and some historical aspects too.