Thursday, November 25, 2004

University Life

You know how when you move somewhere new, there are little things you haven’t become accustomed to?

When I transferred over to attend a University there were two things that now define the particular city I moved to.

Don’t get me wrong, but I’m not much of a country fan. However, I never in my life heard the phrase, “pick yourself up by your bootstraps,” used so much in everyday instances. The day I need to do that I will also most likely have shot myself in the foot after falling off a horse, closing my pick-up door on my hand, wondering why my woman left me.

Which makes me wonder if anyone has used a gun rack to hold a crossbow.

The other observation deals with all the newly turned 21-year old infested pubs and bars. I don’t get it. Why must we listen to sweaty puffy-faced drunk people on the dance floor screaming “pour some sugar on me,” at the top of their lungs four times a night every weekend. I’m sorry Def Leppard, repetition of your song has kept me sober.

Now that I have moved on, I worry that someday I may have a lapse and feel homesick-ish. I will wake up one day, pull my bootstraps up, grab a crossbow, and pour sugar on my head. Ah-make it so!