Friday, March 11, 2005

I Hear Ya

My brother and I felt out of place a little while back when we both attended a retirement party. As we entered we went to congratulate the man of hour. When I saw him I shook hands and said, “How are you doing?” He responded by saying, “thank you very much.”
My brother and I were very amused… this began to feel like a retirement party.
From there my brother turned and recognized one of his friends mother. She began to tell him that her daughter went to a concert. My brother then asked, “Who’s playing?” To which she replied, “Yes, I'm concerned.”
We both knew we shouldn’t stay too much longer.

The event reminded me of a time in high school where a group of us for tolo went to Seattle. Stopped at a corner, the car in the lane next us had an awesome bike on top. I made a comment about the guy having a nice bike when he looked at me. He quickly rolled down his window and yelled, “So is your face!” And literally pealed out making a fast right turn to get a way from us. Everyone laughed at me.