Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Edge of Battle

May 2006 (May 2007 Paperback)/Fiction, Publisher: Harper (Harper Collins Publisher)
By Dale Brown. 437 pgs.
Overview: Site, B&N, Amazon, Wiki, MC
Violence and tensions along the U.S.-Mexican border have never been higher, sparked by battles between rival drug lords and an increased flow of illegal migrants. To combat the threat, the U.S. has executed Operation Rampart: a controversial test base in southern California run by Major Jason Richter and members of Task Force TALON. (Site)
Review: C (5.24.07) This is Brown's eighteenth book (the second in the Act of War series), and the first I have ever read by the author. It is a big conversation chatty filled book. It is ok, but really does not compell me to check any others out. I thought the idea sounded interesting, but it feels formula-ic. As the third book I read on the bus, I cranked an average of about 90 pages a day on this book.