Monday, March 14, 2005

Too Late

We all have those times where we are right in the middle of saying something and our minds tell us "don't say that" but it's too late. Its like riding through a parking lot in a vehicle with a glass bottled drink, and your thirsty playing chicken with speed bumps. Just after high school in the summer I used to ride my bike to work at the restaurant. On days off I was always doing something stupid. I sprained my hand playing football one day, and my neck playing Frisbee and volleyball at the same time, the next day. So there I am at work, and I could sees me icing my wrist (after I just rode my bike) and is curious to know what is up. Now here is where it all gets lost. So I tell this cook, "hey, it only hurts when I look up and swallow." Big mistake, oh how the doorways open when you say something like that.